WHAT IS SYDNEY PACIFICA:
Sydney Pacifica is Australia’s largest cultural festival involving high schools throughout Sydney that have Pacific, NZ Maori, Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, South Sudanese and African students. It aims to reconnect the students to their cultural heritage and learn the importance of traditions, customs and values that have evolved through time and generations to create their identity and who they are today.
The goal is to facilitate and teach traditional songs and dance patterns to the students so that they can perform these to a large audience, plus gain appreciation, awareness and acceptance of their culture, through the voices of song, dance and music of our next generation.
Sydney Pacifica Cultural Festival is organised by Volunteers from the local community and lacks any commercial, religious or political agenda. Their aim is to spark conversation, connection and community awareness to support all young people with a strong voice.
WHERE VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED:
• Sydney Olympic Park
WHEN VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED:
• Tuesday 25th July 2017, from 10am – 8pm for set-up of event (can be coordinated for 2, 3 or 4 hour shifts)
• Tuesday 25th July 2017 at 6.30pm for compulsory orientation and site visit
• Wednesday 26th July 2017, from 10am – 10pm for set-up before official opening ceremony & actual event
• Thursday 27th July 2017, from 9am for pack down of event (can be coordinated for 2, 3 or 4 hour shifts)
WHAT VOLUNTEERS NEED:
• Working with Children Check
• Photo identification (eg. drivers licence, passport, 18 plus card)
• A happy, positive, fun, can-do attitude
VOLUNTEER ROLES (including, but not limited to):
• Set Up and Pack Up
• Ushers & Crowd Control
• Handing Out Programs
• Participant Check In & Support
• Technical/Media Runners & Support
• VIP Area Support
• Photo Booth Support
We really need your help to make this Event a great success for all. If you are passionate about giving youth a future through education, leadership & the arts and would like to be a part of this extraordinary Festival, we would love to hear from you!