About this opportunity
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Preparation of fruit and veg, biscuits, tea and coffee area etc. for serving.
• Assisting with the preparation of toasted sandwiches.
• Regular checking of serving area for hygiene, safety, and supplies.
• Monitoring of supplies, topping up where necessary.
• Washing, drying and storage of dishes and cups.
• Safe storage of food.
Qualifications, skills, and requirements:
• Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate to a diverse range of people.
• Awareness of kitchen safety and food safety, or ability to adhere to food safety standards as directed by Kitchen Coordinator.
• Volunteer experience.
• Capacity and willingness to offer hospitality.
• Capacity to maintain strict confidentiality.
National Police Certificate *.
Olive Way is open between 10am-1:30pm Tues-Thurs. Volunteers may work one day per week, or as availabilities allow.Good for
- Travelling/short term volunteers
- Volunteers with a disability
- Companionship and Social Support
- Disability Support
- Food Preparation and Service
Induction prior to first shift. Training for specific tasks offered as required.