- Location: Margate TAS
- Category: Community Services
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
- Centrelink Volunteers
Regular - more than 6 months
In general, we ask that volunteers commit to an ongoing volunteering period of at least once a week, for three months. Due to the amount of orientation and training required for each position, we are unable to take volunteers for short periods of time.
The Op Shop provides a new starter induction and on the job training for new volunteers.
- National Police Certificate *
• Friendly and approachable manner and the ability to effectively communicate with a range of people
• Ability to deliver a high level of customer service
• Ability to work well in a team and follow direction
• Commitment to animal welfare
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Volunteers are needed for our Margate Op Shop!
Do you have a few hours per week spare, can recognise quality pre-loved items and have an eye for a bargain?
Volunteering at our Op Shop is a great way to give back to the community, meet new friends and connect with local people.
• Meet and greet customers visiting the Shop • Serve retail customers and process retail sales • Maintain shop stock • Clean and maintain shop & kitchen areas • Any other general tasks as required • Adhere to Ten Lives Workplace Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
The funds raised by the Margate Op Shop are essential to the operation of the Cat Centre in Newtown, which is 100% self funded.
By volunteering at our Op Shop you can assist us in taking care of our kitties and help them find their forever home.