About this opportunity
What do these volunteering opportunities offer?
• The chance to interact with people from all walks of life
• The opportunity to meet interesting people from a variety of countries and diverse cultures
• An exciting change of pace in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
A once-in-a-lifetime volunteer experience
Volunteering at the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games will be an incredible once-in-a-lifetime experience for all those who are involved. It will be our chance to showcase to the world how diverse, friendly and skilled our community is.
Dedicated, friendly volunteers are the cornerstone of all great events and GC2018 will be no different. We’re looking for volunteers with a wide variety of skills and experience to Shape the Games for athletes, officials and fans.
Our goal is to create a volunteer-centric program that encompasses up to 15,000 capable, committed and connected volunteers.
There will be a number of different roles across all of our venues and service areas, so if you have the passion then we have the opportunity for you.
What kind of roles will be offered?
As a driver you can expect to be assigned the following duties:
• Provide safe and timely driving services to Fleet client groups accredited with car-with-driver fleet services.
• Maintaining the highest level of customer service ensuring fleet clients receive an accessible, comfortable and reliable transport service, enabling clients to do their jobs whilst at the Games.
To be a great volunteer in these areas you will demonstrate:
• Ability to drive a motor vehicle or mini bus
• A friendly and outgoing personality with the ability to communicate effectively
• Excellent customer service and problem solving skills as well as the ability to remain calm under pressure
How do you apply?
To submit your application for this once in a lifetime opportunity and help shape our Games, please click ‘Express Interest’ and you will be directed to our online application form.
Driver's Licence (C) . Traffic Check *.
• You will hold a current, open, valid driver’s licence;
• Driver history check clearance;
• be able to speak and read English or are an Australian Sign Language (AUSLAN) user;
• be available to be rostered between the 4th and 15th April 2018;
• be able to come to the Gold Coast for a friendly, informal selection event;
• agree to a background security check.
All volunteers must be available for the duration of the Games (4-15 April 2018 inclusive). A number of roles will also require volunteers to have availability during the preparation and arrivals period leading into the Games, from January 2018Good for
- Travelling/short term volunteers
- Driving and Transportation
You must able to attend and meet the cost of travelling to the Gold Coast for multiple training sessions between November 2017 and March 2018