About this opportunity
What does this role offer?
• The opportunity to gain new skills or further develop existing operation support skills in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• A special opportunity to be the first contact many GC2018 participants will have with organisers
• A birds-eye view of the daily operations necessary to ensuring the highest standard of venue management is delivered
A once-in-a-lifetime volunteer experience
Volunteering at the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games will be an incredible once-in-a-lifetime experience for all those who are involved. It will be our chance to showcase to the world how diverse, friendly and skilled our community is.
Dedicated, friendly volunteers are the cornerstone of all great events and GC2018 will be no different. We’re looking for volunteers with a wide variety of skills and experience to Shape the Games for athletes, officials and fans.
Our goal is to create a volunteer-centric program that encompasses up to 15,000 capable, committed and connected volunteers.
There will be a number of different roles across all of our venues and service areas, so if you have the passion then we have the opportunity for you.
What kind of roles will be offered?
As a Volunteer within the Operational Support, your skills could be called upon to support our accreditation processes which involves ID verification for GC2018 participants and production of the necessary pass access. Your skillset could also be called upon to play support GOLDOC's Venue Management team in the venue operational delivery and day-to-day operations of the venue team including event planning, operational integration and event delivery.
To be a great volunteer in these areas you will demonstrate:
• Excellent customer service with a friendly and welcoming approach to your communication style
• Good communication skills with the ability to build rapport with people from all walks of life
• Ability to problem solve and demonstrate attention to detail
• Organisation skills and good computer skills as there will be administrative elements to the role
• Ability to work effectively as a team member
• Willingness to adapt to an ever-changing environment
How do you apply?
To submit your application for this once in a lifetime opportunity and help shape our Games, please click ‘Express Interest’ and you will be directed to our online application form.
• be aged 16 or over when you apply;
• be able to speak and read English or are an Australian Sign Language (AUSLAN) user;
• be available to be rostered between the 4th and 15th April 2018;
• be able to come to Gold Coast for a friendly, informal selection event;
• agree to a background security check
All volunteers must be available for the duration of the Games (4-15 April 2018 inclusive). A number of roles will also require volunteers to have availability during the preparation and arrivals period leading into the Games, from January 2018Interested in
- Administration, Office Management
- Fundraising and Events
- Information, Tour Guides, Heritage
- Marketing, Media, Communications
You must able to attend and meet the cost of travelling to the Gold Coast for three days of training (four for team leaders) between November 2017 and April 2018