- Location: North Ryde, NSW
- Category: Disability Services
Locked Bag 2216
North Ryde NSW 1670
Our Vision - "Freedom From Arthritis"
NSW Health statistics reveal that arthritis now affects 1 in every 4 Australians, with the rate of juvenile arthritis 1 in every 800 Australian children.
Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW is a non-government health charity that seeks to improve the quality of life of people affected by arthritis, osteoporosis and other musculoskeletal conditions. We engage with health professionals to develop and provide services which empower people to manage their own health, encompassing an Infoline, support groups, educational programs, exercise classes, and children’s camps.
The Arthritis NSW foundation was formed by the late Bruce Williams in 1967. Originally called Patients' Aid Society, it was Bruce Williams' wish that people with arthritis could access fellowship, social support and assistance in daily living.
- Provide education and services that empower people to manage their own health
- Suport medical research into potential treatments and cures
- Build community awareness to support fundraising initiatives
- Give our members a strong voice to government and other decision makers
4 volunteer opportunities found