Palmyra Primary School was founded in 1913 with classes for 19 children held in the Palmyra Mechanics Institute Hall. The current buildings date from 1915 when 60 students were enrolled. The population grew steadily to peak between 1958 and 1963 with over 700 primary students. Student population has fallen steadily since then to a low of 280 (primary and pre-primary students) in 1989. . The school's 75h anniversary in 1988 was marked by the planting of 75 palms, each donated by a local family with close links with the school.
See all opportunities for Palmyra Primary School (MVRC)