The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of the Multiple Birth Volunteer Support Foundation (MBVS).
Do you love babies and want to help improve the lives of multiple birth families? MBVS are seeking volunteers to help improve the lives of multiple birth families. You will assist by providing practical hands-on help for families with newborn twins, triplets or more. Families are located across metropolitan Melbourne.
- Helping create a nurturing and supportive environment for multiple birth families in their community.
- Helping with baby care and baby related tasks, and assisting with siblings
- Helping the family on outings, such as to the park, doctor or cafe
Skills or experience:
- Must love babies and young children
- Experience with newborn babies preferable.
- Midwifery or nursing students would be well suited for this role, as are mothers, grandmothers and childcare workers
- Need to have a caring, supportive and non judgmental approach
- Volunteers benefit by making connections with a multiple birth family, and knowing that they are helping to support a family in one of their most difficult times.