Big Group Hug is a volunteer-driven not-for-profit organisation based in the northern suburbs of Melbourne. Your work will assist in achieving the goals of Big Group Hug (BGH): primarily the collection and redistribution of new and pre-loved baby goods, books, toys and nursery equipment to disadvantaged families with young children.
Purpose and key duties
The ideal candidate is a committed individual that will embrace our mission and values. They will work closely with the Fundraising Manager to maximize the financial sustainability of Big Group Hug. Duties include:
- Identifying appropriate grant opportunities for BGH
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organisations
- Assembling and submitting grant requests
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports
- Prioritising projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner and meet deadlines
Desired skills and experience
- Previous experience and knowledge of the fundraising and grant writing process
- Ability to establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with contacts and program officers
- Excellent and persuasive written communication skills with the ability to accept a brief and produce inspirational effective submissions
- Ability to research prospects
- Knowledge of supporter relationship management
- An understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants
- Excellent time management, organisational and planning skills.
To be considered for this rewarding position please send a brief email addressing how you've been involved in grant writing and for how long to our volunteer coordinator Francesca at the email address you'll receive after applying for the role through the website. . You're welcome to attach your CV if you have it handy.