Organisational background Big Group Hug is a volunteer-driven not-for-profit organisation based in the northern suburbs of Melbourne. Your work will assist in achieving the goals of Big Group Hug (BGH): primarily the collection and redistribution of new and pre-loved baby goods, books, toys and nursery equipment to disadvantaged families with young children.
Purpose and key duties The ideal candidate is a committed individual that will embrace our mission and values. They will work closely with the Fundraising Manager to support the development and implementation of a fundraising and sponsorship strategy. Key duties include:
- Work with the Fundraising Manager to create long term plans for each partner and corporate
- Inspire new supporters to raise money while maintaining and developing relationships with existing donors, businesses and sponsors.
- Identify new income streams and ways to maximise and grow individual giving
- Manage, support and develop imaginative fundraising and sponsorship activities, some of which will be events-based.
- Develop and coordinate web-based fundraising including social media.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of sponsorship and fundraising practices.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and a love for networking and relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and pitch skill
- Experience managing and working with customer and/or fundraising databases
- Experience dealing with multiple stakeholder groups
To be considered for this rewarding position please send a brief email addressing how you've been involved in sponsorships and for how long to our volunteer coordinator Francesca at the email address you'll receive after applying for the role through the website. . You're welcome to attach your CV if you have it handy.