ORCA Project: Albany Creek Uniting Church, 652 Albany Creek Road, Albany Creek 4035.
Wesley Mission Queensland's ORCA Project is looking for volunteers to assist us to build meaningful connections for young post school adults with disabilities in the community with a focus on training, work experience and ultimately employment.
As part of their role, volunteers will:
- Form meaningful appropriate supportive mentor relationships with the participants.
- Support participants through each day - including theory based learning and hands on practical work experience.
- Encourage participants to develop confidence, competence and independence with their daily routine at ORCA - for example where to put belongings, sign in, begin work etc.
- Liaise with supervisors regarding behaviour and engagement level of participants.
- Provide feedback via daily sharing cards or social media closed group for ORCA families.
- Undertake other duties as required.
ORCA operates between 8:30am and 3:30pm on Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursday during school terms. Volunteers negotiate and agree to their hours prior to commencement.
Essential for this role: a long-term commitment, willingness to acquire probity checks (All checks are provided and paid for by Wesley Mission Queensland).
The ORCA Project is student placement friendly.
Wesley Mission Queensland is a welcoming and rewarding place to volunteer where you will meet many wonderful people from various backgrounds and learn great new skills that may assist you both personally and professionally. There are lots of other benefits to volunteering with us as well, such as:
- Great education opportunities
- Exclusive shopping discounts
- Access to online and face-to-face wellness advisors
- Free Flu Vaccinations
- Invitations to social events
- Being part of a team who really are making a difference in the lives of people in our local community.
We look forward to hearing from you!