Are you a warm, empathic person who wants to support a family with a newborn or toddler in the St George area? Having a child changes your life forever and 3Bridges Early Years Support team of trained volunteer Home visitors work alongside isolated, vulnerable mothers who lack support.
Long-term opportunity to visit families in their own home and assist mothers who are struggling to cope with new babies and children under 3 years of age. Volunteers are needed for a 3-4 hour weekly visit. Volunteering in this role is done on weekdays till 4 pm.
Key responsibilities include:
- Practical and emotional support for vulnerable mums
- Lend a hand by assisting a mother with her new baby and/or small children
- Help with doctor/counselling appointments, shopping and outings
- Give sleep deprived mums some in-house respite
- Link a mother with her local community eg playgroup
- Provide a weekly visit of 3-4 hours by a trained and professionally supervised volunteer.- Offer information and resources where needed
- Reduce isolation by providing friendship and company
- Assist with household organisation
Our clients live in various suburbs throughout the St George, and we will match you to a family, in a suburb that is convenient for you to travel to. Please apply for this role, to receive more information.
Four days initial training is essential and willingness to attend monthly in-service training. Training dates to be set, usually held March/April, sometimes later in the year. Future training may be 1-2 days online, and 2 days on site.