In this role, you will be joining an organisation of passionate volunteers offering empathic and unique personalised services within the community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely and building collaborative networks with senior leadership and all internal clients to ensure the strategic plan is achieved and that relevant people and development plans are aligned to meet strategic and operational objectives.
- Contributing to the development, implementation, and monitoring of HR initiatives, policies, and procedures based on relevant legislation and contemporary HR management practices.
- Active involvement in the recruitment process: preparing job descriptions, posting ads, managing the hiring process, and preparation of all employee contracts.
- Monitoring staff and their performance and coordination of internal training programmes.
- Administration duties including maintaining calendars of the HR management team; compiling reports and maintaining records; arranging meetings, etc.
Skills & Qualifications Tertiary qualification or Certificate IV in business administration, human resources, social studies or relevant field is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience as HR officer, administrator or another HR position.
- Proven ability to interpret legislation, regulations, awards, and industrial agreements together with policies and procedures.
- A high level of ability to interact proactively with management and staff at all levels of the organisation in the resolution of HR issues.
Knowledge & Skills • Well-Developed knowledge of HR functions and procedures (recruitment, training & development, etc.). • Outstanding organisational and time-management abilities. • Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude, including being able to identify issues and resolve them in a timely manner. • Excellent interpersonal and communication (written & oral) skills. • Advanced computer literacy in MS office software.