We are seeking a creative individual to create, schedule and publish foster animal profiles online to drive awareness of animals who are looking for a forever home.
The Creative Content Writer will be responsible for:
- liaising with foster carers and internal stakeholders to source content for profiles.
- creating engaging foster profiles that are consistent and recognisable to FFARQ.
- scheduling and managing the editorial calendar, maintaining a 7-day cycle.
- publishing profiles online, as scheduled.
- managing and updating profiles as adoption applications are received and approved
- monitoring the performance of campaigns and providing statistics as required.
- attend weekly virtual meetings with the team (one evening per week)
- other administration tasks as assigned from time-to-time.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Diploma in Graphic Design, Creative Writing and/or Media and Communications
- Proven experience in content creation and in the scheduling and uploading of creative content to online platforms
- Familiar with visual content creators and proofreading tools such as Hemingway Editor and Smilebox
- Ability to work to deadlines (adhere to the 7-day schedule).
- Proven ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders with a high attention to detail
- Strong working knowledgeof social media platforms eg Facebook and Instagram); GMail and Google Docs.
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work cohesively within a “virtual” team.
Volunteer Characteristics: Honesty and Reliability - You will be working on your own as a virtual volunteer with minimal supervision, so your integrity is important.
Respect for others and their time - Everyone is going above and beyond their usual responsibilities to volunteer so be respectful.
Love for animals and a need to contribute - Above anything else, it is passion that will help you be successful and commit to this role.