Stroke is one of Australia’s biggest killers and a leading cause of disability amongst adults. The Stroke Foundation is a national not-for-profit organisation that works with stroke survivors, carers, health professionals, government and the public to reduce the impact of stroke on the Australian community.
StrokeSafe presentations are offered across Australia to community groups, workplaces and as part of special events. Talks are delivered by trained volunteers to groups to raise awareness of what stroke is, how to reduce stroke risk, how to recognise the signs of stroke (using the FAST test) and what services are provided by the Stroke Foundation.
We are seeking volunteer StrokeSafe Ambassadors in Devonport, Ulverstone, Burnie, Queenstown, Strahan and surrounding regional areas.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Complete an average of 8 events/presentations per calendar year in your local area to community groups and workplaces.
- Proactively promote presentations within your local community and encourage a variety of groups to host a presentation.
- Deliver endorsed messages in StrokeSafe presentations in a consistent and approved manner (professional public speaking and StrokeSafe training provided)
- Distribute any resources relevant to each presentation.
- Assist with specific Stroke Foundation events such as during National Stroke Week and Australia's Biggest Blood Pressure Check. Duties may include greeting and marshalling attendees, assisting with questionnaires, distributing information and being a media Ambassador.