Nepean Neighbour Aid are looking for mature aged people (suitable for people over 55 years old) who enjoy supporting others and want to lessen the social isolation of the older person.
By visiting an older person in their home either weekly or fortnightly for an hour or so (this can change depending on the current Covid-19 restrictions) you can help the person feel less isolated. A typical visit may be just having a cup of tea and a chat in their home or taking them out into the community to do some light shopping, go to the movies, go for a walk, or out to a local cafe for brunch etc.
If you answer yes to the following statements we would like to hear from you:
- I can commit to a minimum of six months visiting an older person on a regular basis either weekly or fortnightly.
- I am available between Monday to Thursday, 9am to 3pm.
- I have comprehensive car insurance (small or medium sized vehicles).
- I enjoy helping/supporting the older person.
- I am willing to undergo a Police Check (paid by Organisation).
- I live in the Penrith area.
In return you will be:
- Offered on-going training by the Organisation to support your volunteer role.
- Have regular contact and support from your Coordinators.
- Get to meet fellow volunteers and be part of a team that works towards lessening social isolation of the older person.