The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Surrey Hills Neighbourhood Centre.
Help deliver our Neighbourhood Centre's local newspaper. There are generally around 200 papers to deliver in each round, all within the one postcode area, six times a year. You will be notified when your bundle is ready and you can pick it up from our Neighbourhood Centre during office hours.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Help deliver our local newspaper, six times a year
- Distribute to all houses in the Postcode area
- You will be notified when your bundle is ready and you can pick it up from our Neighbourhood Centre during office hours
Skills and Experience:
- Ideally you will enjoy being outdoors, walking and be reliable as we need the papers to be delivered within a week of pick up
- By volunteering to help deliver the Neighbourhood News, you are helping people in the area to keep in touch and have a say in their community owned and distributed newspaper. This is a great way to help your neighbourhood while staying healthy and getting some fresh air! We have around 30 volunteers associated with our organisation who help to deliver the news. Some of them have been with us for over 20 years and the paper has been going for 36 years!