The Wellbeing Service at Southern Adelaide Palliative Services provides massage treatments and other complementary therapies to clients with a life limiting illness and their family members and carers.
The treatments offered in our Wellbeing Service are highly valued by clients and caregivers and are well sought after services. We are seeking qualified massage therapists in a variety of modalities to fill current volunteer vacancies and to increase our service provision.
The Wellbeing Service seeks qualified Massage Therapists.
- The Wellbeing Service is coordinated by a Registered Nurse with complementary therapy qualifications. The other practitioners are appropriately qualified volunteers who have a passion for working with palliative care clients, families and carers.
- Therapies available are dependent on the qualified volunteers who kindly offer their time, knowledge and skills to provide this service. Qualifications are requested at first initial interview.
- Services include: Massage, Kinesiology, emotional freedom technique (EFT), reiki, aromatherapy, hypnotherapy, and therapeutic touch.
- Rostered Monday to Thursday in the Laurel Hospice, Level 7, Rehab and Palliative Care Building based at Flinders Medical Centre.
- Important: Due to the nature of volunteering your time to assist with clients, families and carers we seek committed and reliable volunteers, who are required to give enough notice should they need to cancel their session with a client to enable time to arrange for cover to be arranged.
- National Police Certificate
- Sighting of original qualifications
- Mandatory annual OHW&S training