A Community Visitor provides regular one to one volunteer visits to a designated resident who is socially and/or culturally isolated, in an aged care facility or on a home care package across the Territory - Darwin, Palmerston, Katherine, Tennant Creek and Alice Springs. This may include simple visits or outings to reconnect the resident with the wider community. Providing this regular link with the person’s community aims to provide friendship and enrich quality of life.
- National Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Commitment to building and sustaining a friendship with an older, isolated person
- Empathy for and understanding of older people
- Reliability and flexibility
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Accountability to auspice.