A Community Visitor provides regular one to one volunteer visits to a designated resident who is socially and/or culturally isolated, in an aged care facility or on a home care package across the Territory - Darwin, Palmerston, Katherine, Tennant Creek, Alice Springs and Nhulunbuy. This may include simple visits or outings to reconnect the resident with the wider community. Providing this regular link with the person’s community aims to provide friendship and enrich quality of life.
Role Requirements :
- National Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Triple COVID vaccinations and possibly flu vaccination.
- Commitment to building and sustaining a friendship with an older, isolated person
- Empathy for and understanding of older people
- Reliability and flexibility
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Accountability to auspice.
We suggest that you CHECK YOUR JUNK EMAIL FOR A RESPONSE, within 7 days.