We are seeking friendly, helpful new team members who would like to give back to their community by helping us sell clothing and bric-a-brac, sorting donations, greeting and serving customers.
This role is essential for the ongoing success of our Vinnies shops.
Vinnies offers opportunities for members of the community to give their time, talents and other skills to assist the less fortunate members of our community by volunteering to work in Vinnies Shops. This is a wonderful opportunity to meet and interact with others, to meet Centrelink requirements by volunteering, gain additional work experience in retail, or share your skills with others.
- Providing customer service to ensure an excellent shopping experience
- Arranging stock to look appealing and professional
- Sorting and preparing donated goods for sale and applying pricing
- Keeping the store and sorting area tidy & maintaining safe work practices
- Processing sales through the cash register
To be successful, volunteers need to have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Be a people person – be welcoming, encouraging and positive
- The ability to work in a team
- Good time management, organisational skills and presentation
- Healthy appreciation of volunteering and willingness to work within the ethos of the St Vincent de Paul Society
Successful volunteers will receive in-house training specific to the role. This training will include:
- Society orientation.
- Retail orientation.
- Ongoing support and mentoring from the shop manager.
What will you get from the volunteer engagement:
- Develop new skills or be able to use and share existing skills
- Meet new people and make long-lasting friendships
- Make a long-lasting positive contribution to your Shop
- Learn more about your local community and help Vinnies make a difference
- Opportunities to become a leader within the Shop
If you would like to apply or to find out more about this role, please contact Andrew Green on 0428 977 454 or express an interest now.