- Minimum commitment of 4 hours a week
- Shifts available Monday to Sunday 9am to 1pm or 1pm to 5pm
- Must be minimum 14 years 9 months in age
- Volunteers needed urgently for commencement
Red Cross Shops sell new and donated clothes, accessories and homewares to raise funds to help people in need. Each year, we rescue 450 tonnes of clothing from landfill, give opportunities to 5000 volunteers, and generate funds to help Red Cross support vulnerable people in Australia and around the world. The proceeds from the sale of items support the vital everyday work of Red Cross, providing relief in times of crisis and care where it's needed most.
Our Fremantle Red Cross shop is looking for enthusiastic shop volunteers with a passion for sustainability and preloved clothing to assist with customer service and store operations.
By joining the team you’ll get the opportunity to:
- Sort, tag and prepare donations for sale
- Provide support to customers, volunteers and staff
- Express creativity and contribute to sustainable fashion
- Be part of a team, contributing towards the operational work of Red Cross
- Gain valuable experience and training in retail operations and customer service
- Receive team member discounts on new and preloved products
A minimum commitment of four hours a week is required to volunteer. Previous experience retail customer service and preloved fashion is desirable.
Red Cross is an inclusive organisation and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and experience levels, so if you have some spare time and want to give back to your community we’d love to hear from you. Standing and manual handling up to 10 kg will be required.
As a Red Cross Shop volunteer, you’ll develop valuable retail skills while helping us raise funds to bring care and comfort where it’s needed most. Red Cross will ensure you have training, ongoing support and access to other opportunities within the world’s largest humanitarian network.
For more information, please see the volunteer role description or contact WA Mobilisation Hub on 1800 833 489
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.