Please Note: Despite the situation with COVID-19 in Australia, we are now, more than ever, in need of volunteers to ensure we can continue to deliver meals to the most vulnerable in our community. We are following advice from the health authorities and all volunteers and staff are following our standard food safety procedures, good hand hygiene and as an extra precaution are using hand sanitising gel between each home they visit. We have also asked our volunteers to practise social distancing recommendations (where possible) when delivering meals. So, if you would like to know more about this opportunity, please continue to read on below and express your interest by hitting the 'Apply' button at the bottom of the page.
Drivers are needed for a Food Service that delivers almost 500 nutritious meals every week, to vulnerable or isolated residents in the Liverpool LGA. Although delivery of prepared meals is the basis of the Service, it is more than just a meal. It is also about ensuring that people, who may not be able to get out and about, enjoy regular social interaction and the comfort of knowing someone will drop by regularly to say hello and see how they are doing.
About The Role:
- Volunteer Drivers will drive their own vehicle to transport meals to customers within their own homes
- Availability required is weekdays (10.30am – 1pm approx) on a roster basis
- Check equipment and safely load vehicles with eskies
- Check run sheets/liaise with assistant regarding client deliveries
- Follow all highlighted delivery instructions on run sheets
- Liaise with staff re customers and/or in case of emergency
- Ensure all delivery equipment is returned to office on completion of deliveries
- Safely unload vehicle/empty and clean out eskies
- Abide by all policies, procedures and guidelines of Organisation
- Participate in education and training opportunities as required
- Commitment to working with elderly people and people with disabilities
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality
- Trustworthy, patient, reliable and willing to submit to criminal record checks
- Hold a valid drivers (class C) licence
- Have use of a registered motor vehicle
- Ability to work as part of a team
If you would like to be part of this Organisation and ensure that this vital community service continues, we would love to hear from you!