We need a volunteer Bookkeeper-Treasurer to help with simple accounts management (approving payments)/bookkeeping, some other accounting tasks such as transition to Xero/GST, and also to join our committee (we meet four times annually). Suit someone with an interest in screen industry (film and television) and a passion for cultural diversity. We are based in the Western Suburbs with a residency at Footscray Community Arts Centre.
While this position is advertised as a Volunteer, there may be some scope for ad-hoc payment for assisting with bookkeeping needs for specific projects that run within Cinespace, as a proportion of overheads.
- key duties you need the volunteer to do:
- approving payments, bookkeeping (budget tracking), financial governance and attend committee meetings, annual reporting for CAV (simple eg assets, income, expenditure)
- transition to Xero simple accounting system (from spreadsheet based system)
- registration for GST
- skills and experience needed to do the role:
- accounting or bookkeeping skills
- organisational background:
- any, ideally experience in arts organisations and/or interest in film and television
- benefits of volunteering with your organisation:
- friendly passionate group of volunteer committee members, may be some paid opportunities on projects depending on scale of budget
- the impact doing the opportunity will have:
- supporting greater representation and cultural diversity on Australian screens, some community development work also
- the extra steps needed to apply (if any)