Shop volunteers do a variety of work depending on their interest and capability.
This role would suit someone who has previous customer service experience and would like to take on a minor volunteer leadership role.
Normal tasks may include:
- Providing helpful and courteous customer service – greeting people and answering queries.
- Processing sales – using a simple computer register, EFTPOS/credit card facilities and cash handling.
- Overseeing the shop while the manager is away.
- Re-stocking shop floor – displaying and merchandising.
- Stock preparation – sorting, cleaning, steaming and pricing.
- Store housekeeping – tidying, dusting, and cleaning.
- General shop duties.
Vinnies shops need people, aged 15 years and over, with a genuine desire to help others. The skills we look for are:
- A desire to learn.
- A willingness to follow policies, procedures and instructions.
- The ability to work well in a team environment.
- A friendly and compassionate personality.
- Masks are required unless a medical exemption can be provided.