This Not for Profit community organisation connects people and communities through affordable and accessible transport solutions across Sydney Northern Beaches.
A volunteer Bus Driver is needed to drive customers to appointments or on social outings. The volunteer must have an LR Licence for this position. This role is valuable in counteracting the effect of stress and anxiety in attending scheduled appointments for disadvantaged community members including people who are frail, aged or younger people with disabilities.
- Receive and follow directions and instructions from a run sheet
- Ensure all customers travel comfortably and safely
- Provide assistance to customers including the operation of wheelchair hoist and attachment of wheelchair restraint systems
- Assist customers with shopping or other baggage, including mobility aids, where necessary
- Contribute to ensuring that services run as close to schedule as possible
- Retain appropriate level of Driving licence required to fulfill duties
- Report back any concerns regarding the customers well-being
- An understanding of issues relevant to people who are transport disadvantaged including people who are frail aged, younger people with disabilities and their carers
- Ability to work as a constructive Team Member and take direction
- Good level of verbal & communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated clean driving record
- Flexibility in tasks and work hours
- Knowledge of the Northern Beaches Local Government Area
- Desirable that volunteers live on the Northern beaches
Easylink have a current COVID-19 Safety Plan to align with current conditions as well as the guidelines on the restrictions on passenger numbers in vehicles. Temperature test and mandatory masks are in place. We’re COVID129 Safe organisation. Hand sanitiser and disinfectant products including masks and gloves are available in all vehicles.
- You will be helping to counteract the effect of stress and anxiety that can come from attending appointments
- Increase your social and relationship skills, while making new friends
- Gain career experience and potentially a platform to employment