To take our Shop to the next stage, we need your help!Our aim is to continue to grow our Shop into the best feline-focused shop in Australia. We stock all your feline care needs (think toys, food, litter, medication), as well as an extensive range of gift ware, and fundraising Ten Lives branded stock.
With glass windows and our popular kitty catwalk tunnels, our Adoption area is incorporated into the Shop. Whether they’re asleep in a kitty sill on the window, or in the tunnel above, no matter where you are in the Shop, you can always see and interact with a kitty who is seeking adoption!
The aim of this role is to ensure our Shop remains fully stocked, sparkling clean, and pleasing to the eye. It also includes greeting and offering general assistance to our customers, whether they are looking to purchase a product or adopt a cat.Does this sound like something you would love to be a part of?
Are you someone with:
- A friendly, helpful attitude
- A passion for animal welfare
- A love for aesthetics and attention to detail
- An interest or experience in retail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team, and take direction
A spare 3+ hours to commit to Ten Lives each week?
As a Volunteer Shop Assistant, you will be required to:
- Complete a daily task checklist for shop cleaning & stock maintenance
- Assist customers as directed by Supervisor-of-the-day
- Greet customers upon entry and enquire how we can be of assistance
- Direct visitors to Adoption rooms & advise of necessary protocols
- Direct adopters to Supervisor to begin adoption process
- Assist Supervisor as directed, particularly when busy
- Adhere to Ten Lives Workplace Health & Safety Policies and Procedures
This role provides an excellent opportunity to gain retail, customer service, and stock-taking experience as well as contributing to our cats being Adopted into loving homes.
This opportunity is ideal for those interested in adding to their work history, building their confidence in the retail environment, or giving back to a cause close to their heart.