Do you have an interest or skill to share with a young person? if so, you could have a major impact on a young person's life. If you enjoy sport, outdoor activities, music or have any other interests, our Leaving Care Mentoring Program could be for you. We match volunteers from the community with young people involved in the Child Protection system, with the aim of creating lasting friendships and positive, stable role models for young people leaving care
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE • To promote and increase a young person’s community participation. • To provide mentoring support to young people who are leaving the out-of-home care system.
OUTLINE OF VOLUNTEER’S RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop collaborative working relationships with mentee and interested stakeholders.
• Engage with mentee on a regular basis.
• Compliance with relevant legislation.
• Commitment to continuous quality improvement processes.
• Participate in core training program and any other training deemed appropriate by the program coordinator.
• Participate in Leaving Care Mentoring program activities with mentee service where practical. • Other duties, as may be required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED • Understanding and sympathy with the mission and ethos of Jesuit Social Services. • A commitment and ability to work effectively with disadvantaged young people, 15-20 years, their families and the community. • Valid Working with Children Check card. • Successful Police Check to be conducted by Jesuit Social Services prior to commencement.