Duties can include:
- Checking phone and fax for meal orders / cancellations and print route sheets for deliverers.
- Check meal numbers before dispatch.
- Action any messages from deliverers.
- Ensure all meal boxes are returned clean, everything back in correct place etc.
- Maintaining adequate ordering of ingredients, packaging, special diet meals, chemicals and consumables.
- Supporting and encouraging volunteers in the kitchen
- Liaising with the branch Client Service Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator and Treasurer when necessary
- Liaising with the Branch Support Officers on a regular basis
- Answering telephone enquiries in regards to client meal requirements/cancellations
- Route sheet alterations and liaising with drivers and deliverers about any changes with clients and/or meals.
- Pack up and lock up.
Extra duties may include;
- Ensuring food safety documentation is maintained and signed off
- Checking off branch deliveries
- Checking temperatures of freezers and fridges
- Stocktaking goods in the branch freezer/s, keeping goods rotated and freezer/s adequately stocked
- Ordering frozen meals, including for public holidays and weekends
- Informing the branch committee and Facilities & Food Services department about the need for repairs, maintenance and replacement of plant and equipment.
Skills and Experiences:
- Good leadership skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to listen
- Ability to train and direct volunteers who have a variety of learning levels
- Confidence in dealing with issues with a high degree of confidentiality.
- School canteen, hospitality industry, quality and quantity control and/or supervisory experience is desirable but not essential.
Meals on Wheels is authorised to complete a police check should you not already have one.