The Board’s primary role is one of trusteeship on behalf of its members and stakeholders, ensuring that Table Tennis Victoria (‘TTV’) remains viable and effective in the present and for the future.
We are targeting potential TTV Board members with expertise in one (or more) of the following areas:
• Sponsorship & Fundraising • Participation & Membership • Digital Experience Economy • Strategic HR people management General Duties of Board Director
These include being involved in the following non-exhaustive list of activities:
• Determine TTV’s strategic direction, core values and ethical framework
• Approve, monitor, and review the financial and non-financial performance of the organisation
• Ensure financial and non-financial risks are appropriately identified and managed
• Ensure the organisation complies with all relevant laws, codes of conduct and appropriate standards of behaviour
• Provide an avenue for key stakeholder input into the strategic direction of the organisation
• Be appropriately prepared for and commit to attending board meetings that are held monthly. In addition, directors are expected to attend the annual AGM, and relevant sub-committee meetings, and additional training opportunities, seminars, etc.
General Skills of Director The TTV Board is a skills-based board comprising of directors who collectively have the skills, knowledge, and experience to effectively govern and direct the organization. The skills and attributes of the Broad can be broadly categorized as follows: • Governance skills (skills directly relevant to performing the Board’s key functions) • Industry skills (skills relevant to the sports industry, membership services or not-for-profit sector) • Personal attributes or qualities that are considered desirable to be an effective Director. The Board as a whole should also encompass desirable diversity in aspects such as age and gender. TO APPLY:
Women are encouraged to apply, as are current and past players. To apply for this role, please email your CV & Cover Letter outlining your reasons for applying to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday 13 November 2020.