The Hospitality Cart is a Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) program that will specifically address the needs of seriously ill North West Queensland children and their families.It will be piloted for the first time in Australia in partnership with North West Hospital and Health Service at Mount Isa Hospital in the Children’s Ward and Special Care Nursery. The Hospitality Cart will provide practical support and comfort to the North West community in the following ways:
- Offer boredom-busters and learning activities such as books, craft activities and entertainment for patients, siblings and their parents;
- Provide practical care items such as toiletries and comfort items including eye masks, earplugs and socks for parents sleeping bedside, and
- Provide snacks and beverages.
Volunteers will be critical to the success of the Cart and will help stock the cart, deliver the items, connect with sick children and their families and provide general well-being checks (no medical training is required).
We need you to:
- Be reliable and trustworthy
- Attend an information session
- Be able to obtain a Blue Card (Working with Children Check) and complete a National Criminal Check
- Complete an induction and introductory shift