- Ensure that the Board maintains the degree of financial literacy necessary to conduct the business of the organisation.
- Advise the Board on matters of governance and finances
- Advise the Board on fundraising and projects
- Ensure that appropriate financial policies and procedures are in place and fully documented.
- _Produce in partnership with the Board a Business Plan for the organisation
- Ensure in partnership with the Board the regular review and development of the Business Plan
- Report to the Advisory Committee or and the Board at each meeting on the financial situation of the organisation
- Report to the Board at each meeting on variances from the approved budget
- With the Secretary, place any necessary financial items on the Board agenda in advance of the meeting
- Report to the Annual General Meeting on the financial situation of the organisation
Administrative & Management
- Follow the appropriate communication channels and follow all policies and procedures designated throughout the full organisation, if unsure of any procedure contact the EMD.
- Serve on the Executive Committee between Board meetings
- Personally, carry out duties as assigned
- Ensure the organisation’s financial control procedures are adequate and that appropriate safeguards against fraud are in place
- Ensure that risk management strategies (including appropriate insurances) are in place
- Collect and receive all money due to the organisation and make all payments authorised by the organisation (alongside of the EMD)
- Oversee the organisation’s investment strategy and report to the Board (With the EMD, oversee the organisation’s investment strategy and report to the Board)
- Prepare the Budget for the coming year
- Review income and expenditure against the budget on a continuous basis
- Ensure the organisation’s compliance with all applicable legal arrangements (With the CEO and State Directors, ensure the organisation’s compliance with all applicable tax arrangements)
All duties are completed with support by our Executive Managing Director (EMD) and with the Vice President of the State