Mood Active is a not for profit community service provider that offers exercise programs for people diagnosed with depression, anxiety and other mood disorders. Participants are typically referred to us by GP’s, psychologists and community organisations and to date, feedback has been very positive. We operate out of Surry Hills, Kingsford and Camperdown and we are continuing to expand our program. Each year we run 1-2 fundraising events with a target event size of 100-500 people to help us raise funds to cover our operations and reduce costs for participants. We are looking to hold an Amazing Race event on the 27th June 2021 and we are needing an individual to lead an Events team to manage the event. We have held this event twice before so you can draw on past documentation!
This role would be working as part of an Events committee with 3-4 other event coordinators where the roles are to plan, coordinate and implement Mood Active’s major events. This includes completion of some of the following tasks as agreed with peers in the Events committee:
• Conduct feasibility analysis on event ideas and preparing a concept document to pitch for sign off by the MA Association Committee.
- Producing event project plans, risk plans and budget.
- Management of an events budget to ensure all events stay within budget.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on cost breakdown of event expenses.
- Effective liaison with internal and external stakeholders to provide services required to carry out events.
- Submissions of various reports and document to councils and other bodies to ensure approval is obtained for running the event and that the event is managed within their guidelines.
- Work with our marketing team to generate promotional material, event invitations instructions, mail outs and also assist in marketing and promotion calls and emails.
- Sending out event invitations and promoting through social media and own channels.
- Work with the sponsorship team to identify and source sponsors for the event.
- Sourcing volunteers for the event on the day
- Sourcing suppliers of equipment as required
- On the day leadership and coordination of the event
Key skills required: • Experience running an event for 40+ people either as an Events Manager, Events Coordinator or in a similar role. • Ability to work autonomously. • Ability to coordinate a team of people. • Strong planning and organising skills, time management. • MS Word, email, internet search skills. • Proactive approach to source resources. • A desire to help people in the field of mental health.