We are looking for dedicated, responsible, friendly, flexible, fit and healthy volunteers who are willing to swim, actively participate in sporting and outdoor activities with our participants to join our highly qualified Allied Health team. If you are:
- passionate about providing professional services
- need experience working with people with Autism
- want to be involved in the community
- be a part of a unique and constantly evolving inclusion program, contact us
About the Role: We are located in Beaufort Street, Inglewood, close to bus routes and Maylands Train Station. We follow a set of 26 Social Thinking and Teaching frameworks and our programs are based on well-researched Circle of Friends therapy and Peer Management Intervention therapies. As a volunteer, you will be required to work closely with our allied health therapists to assist in the delivery of our innovative social inclusion programs. Throughout the program, you will be required to converse with the participants, pay close attention to their behaviour and communication skills and assist staff with various activities and programs, engage with, and encourage the participants to fully participate in activities. Our Programs:
- Nature Play: Children 2 to 4 years on Mondays and Thursdays, 9 am to 12 pm
- Outdoor Explorer: Children 5 to 7 years on Saturdays from 10 am to 12 pm (children do gardening with the oldies)
- Ignite Program: Children 7 to 13 years on Thursdays, 4:30to 7:30 pm
- Count-Me-In Programs: Teens 14 to 18 years old on Fridays, 4 pm to 9 pm
- Accelerate: Young adults, 19 to 25 years on Fridays
- Trailblazers: Teens 13 to 18 and 19 to 25 years on Sundays
- Holliday Programs
- Regular for 6 months minimum
Preferred: (but not essential) Driver’s License,
- Volunteer travel allowance available for shifts 5 hours or longer.
- Three different timespans for the longer shifts are available.
- Very rewarding and enjoyable effort
- A friendly and pleasant environment, where you can develop your skills, achieve new ones, and be rewarded with heart-melting smiles from the participants as they overcome those obstacles along the way.