Cadets learn a diverse range of emergency service skills, develop their leadership potential and are encouraged to explore a career pathway or ongoing volunteering with emergency services; as the program has a focus on “building the next generation of emergency service volunteers”.
PCYC Emergency Services Cadets at a glance: Cadet programs operate out of sponsoring emergency service facilities. Young people are encouraged to consider a career in emergency services or to become an adult volunteer in emergency services. Cadets learn a diverse range of emergency response skills from highly experienced personnel.
Adult Leaders do not need to have an emergency services background to volunteer their time with a cadet unit. Adult Leaders must strive to create a positive, safe and support environment for the Cadets, other Adult Leaders and relevant stakeholders.
The key responsibilities are:-
- Maintain a positive relationship with other leaders, cadets, visitors and program staff.
- Assist with fostering a positive working relationship with sponsoring emergency services and all supporting emergency services within the local region
- Assist with day to day management of the unit
- Maintain high standards of safety
- Attending weekly Cadet training nights