Neighbourhood Connect is a national not-for-profit community organisation. We are helping people across Australia to create neighbourhood groups - to encourage happier, safer and more connected communities. Because life is better when we belong.
We have a national project team and neighbour groups in all States and Territories. Everyone involved is passionate about creating and supporting the creation of community. The project is unfunded; we are all contributing on a voluntary basis.
To create compelling messages for a variety of audiences and develop creative strategies to encourage people to connect in their neighbourhoods across Australia.
The Role of the Marketing Expert
- To strengthen Neighbourhood Connect’s messaging and marketing materials.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members on areas such as marketing strategy or social media strategy.
- Create key messaging and materials for a variety of communication channels – E.g., Social media, website, video platforms, email and print.
Note: If you are an expert you could contribute strategy and messaging and other team members can carry out the promotional activities.
We are looking for people who:
- are interested in contributing to a community building project aiming to create a connected neighbourhoods movement
- are creative and can work autonomously or as part of a team
- have good communication skills
- are self motivated, proactive, organised and reliable
- have media and promotion experience with well developed social media skills
What help will we give you?
You’ll have support to do this:
- Guidance from Maureen Maher, Communication Manager by phone and email.
- Existing material (website, kits, media releases).
What will you get from this?
- Satisfaction from contributing to the growth of a great community building project.
- The opportunity to put your marketing and media expertise to good use in a community development context.
- Experience working on a national project, with a Project Team, currently spanning 5 States and Territories.
- A reference / referee to assist you with your career.
All the project team work from home and therefore can live anywhere in Australia.
Hours of Work
For this role, a minimum of 2-3 hours a week is required. It need not be done in one go.
Relationship with other roles
The Communications Manager will oversee your contribution and assist in any way possible.
Take the next step
Please apply addressing the following:
- why this interests you;
- your marketing and social media experience, with samples of your work;
- your contact details.
Please note that we are looking for an experienced marketing person for this role. If you have any questions please call the Communications Manager, Maureen Maher, on 0429 378 379.
This role description will be removed when filled. So if it’s right for you, please apply today.