Volunteer Counting Buddies are needed to support a numeracy program in primary schools within the Leppington area. The Program targets children in Years 3-5 who are struggling with numeracy at an important stage of their development.
About The Role:
- Volunteers provide vital numeracy support on a one-to-one basis, for 45 minutes per week, over a 10 week period
- Volunteers also provide mentoring, friendship and individual care and attention to their buddy
- A three hour training session, where you will learn how to work with a child with numeracy issues and other learning difficulties, is mandatory for all Volunteer Buddies
- Attendance of a one hour orientation session at the school before commencement of role
- Completion of evaluation surveys for Program
- Willingness to make a full commitment to the Program and to your buddy
- Complete a Working With Children Check
- A desire to help permanently improve the educational future of a young boy or girl
- Patient and caring nature
- Great command of the English language, both written and spoken, is essential
Becoming a Volunteer Counting Buddy will make a difference to a child’s life and help to break the cycle of learning difficulties and disadvantage that affect so many children and families in our community. If you would like to be involved with this program, we would love to hear from you!