Address: WesleyCare Tewantin - 43 Poinciana Avenue, Tewantin QLD 4565.
Wesley Mission Queensland is looking for people interested in spending time with young adults living with complex disabilities who live in our Supported Accommodation Services. Just a bit of quality time shared can mean so much!
About our Supported Accommodation Services:
Everyone should have access to a living environment of their choosing. Our supported accommodation communities offer young people living with complex disabilities the chance to live a normal and dignified life with the support they need to reach their own personal goals.
Wesley Mission Queensland's supported accommodation communities include:
- Asher House in Wynnum
- WesleyCare Jindalee at Sinnamon Park in Brisbane
- WesleyCare Tewantin on the Sunshine Coast
- WesleyCare Coomera on the Gold Coast
- WesleyCare Sinnamon Village at Sinnamon Park in Brisbane
- Youngcare Share House Wooloowin in Brisbane.
All of these communities are state-of-the-art with high-tech equipment, and 24-hour care and support by registered nurses, carers and therapy assistants. Youngcare, Asher House and WesleyCare also offer an activities coordinator and a qualified cook or chef.
The model of care provided at each community is focused on the individual to ensure the needs of every resident are met. This creates an environment where residents can enjoy the meaningful, happy lives they deserve.
To learn more about our Supported Accommodation Services, please visit our website.
About Share Your Time Volunteers:
Our Share You Time Volunteers enrich the lives of young adults living with complex disabilities who live in our Supported Accommodation Services by providing some or all the following:
- Establishing and maintaining friendships and ongoing relationships with individual or small groups of residents
- Sharing their special talent or interest in designated visits
- Assisting with games, activities, and outings
- Other tasks as required.
Visits are relaxed yet diverse in nature - you might chat together, listen to music, read the newspaper, help decorate a room, play a card game right through to grabbing a coffee or spending time together at special events, organised outings, visiting galleries, concerts or various other activities. Volunteers also have the opportunity to assist in many other types of social activities run by the staff; or by sharing a special talent or interest that you may have with the residents.
Our Supported Accommodation Services are welcoming and rewarding places to volunteer where you will meet many wonderful people from various backgrounds and learn great new skills that may assist you both personally and professionally. There are lots of other benefits to volunteering with us as well, such as:
- Great education opportunities
- Exclusive shopping discounts
- Access to online and face-to-face wellness advisors
- Free Flu Vaccinations
- Invitations to social events
- Being part of a team that really is making a difference in the lives of people in our local community.
We look forward to hearing from you!