Achievers Club WA Mentors work with children on a Saturday morning, at either our Girrawheen or Armadale sites, on a one-to-one basis. Mentors are required to:
- Provide educational support in the form of weekly or fortnightly out-of-school mentoring and tuition for selected children who are experiencing learning and/or adjustment difficulties. Our academic focus is on Mathematics and English from Years 3 to 12, however where possible, we try to offer assistance in other areas to assist students with their assignments;
- Build a learning environment where students look forward to being involved by making learning fun, exciting, rewarding and offering them the opportunity to ask questions without feeling intimidated and encouraging them to give their opinions freely;
- Work with teachers and parents to maximise the support given to the students;
- Participate in other activities, from time to time, to enhance the students’ educational and personal growth; and
- Help build self-confidence, trust and a sense of achievement in the students’ personal and educational lives through genuine relationships.