Northam's Avon Descent Association is a not-for-profit events organisation built on volunteering, family and local community. We operate one of WA’s most iconic events, the Avon Descent, now entering its 48th year and are focused in the Swan and Avon rivers and local shires of Northam, Toodyay, Swan, Belmont, Bayswater and Armadale.
The secretary is an important administrative role and will work closely with the Executive officer and Board of Directors to help coordinate board meetings throughout the year, prepare agendas, take meeting minutes and arrange upcoming meeting schedules.
You will be a very important connection within the organisation, helping to keep communications strong, members informed and keep processes moving freely.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Help to prepare the agenda for board meetings in consultation with the Chairperson and Executive Officer
- Make arrangements and give notice including venue, date, times and hospitality for board meetings
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Take, prepare and circulate the minutes of key meetings
- Collect and collate reports from office bearers
- Maintain registers of members’ names and addresses
If you would like to build fantastic networks and connections, help to manage one of WA’s most beloved events and give back to a local not-for-profit and community organisation, then please get in touch.