Melbourne AMEP at Melbourne Polytechnic is recruiting volunteers.
Volunteers are encouraged to offer students a blended form of interaction that is both face to face and online. This approach offers learners the best possible learning experience to support English language and digital literacy development, as well as address social isolation.
- Tutor a Melbourne AMEP student in job-readiness skills and knowledge
- Connect with your learner at a pre-arranged time each week, using resources and activities provided by VTS
- Attend initial induction meeting
- Participate in ongoing VTS professional development workshops and social gatherings as needed (currently conducted online)
- Contact VTS staff if you are concerned about a student’s welfare
- Respect the rights and privacy of students and other tutors
- Inform VTS Office if your availability changes
- Give two weeks’ notice before withdrawing from the program
- Complete an Exit Survey
Learners are keen to practise English conversation one to one with a volunteer via digital and mobile phone platforms such as FaceTime and WhatsApp Video calls.
No previous experience in teaching is required. Training is 100% online, engaging and free. On-going training and information is offered via the newsletter, the VTS Facebook group and online tutorials whilst tutoring.
To register your interest go hit the 'APPLY' button at the bottom of this page.
You can also contact the VTS office directly: Phone: 03 9269 1514
Support for volunteers is available throughout.