The Gomo Foundation (Gomo) is committed to unleashing the potential of girls in Africa through quality education. Gomo currently sponsors girls in rural Zimbabwe to complete their high school education, helping to create generational change for them and their communities.
We are seeking a passionate, experienced and networked leader to own the experience of our donors and philanthropic partners and grow our revenue base. The role reports directly to the CEO, is a member of the Leadership Team (LT) and is central to our ability to grow impact and scale. Our growth strategy takes us into other African countries as we scale and identify communities where we can make a unique difference.
We are looking for someone who is aligned to our values of Community, Courage, Passion and Integrity and who is determined to move the dial on gender equality. Experience and background can come from a variety of specialities - Sales, Business Development, Marketing, Product, Communications etc. Critically it is energy, passion and creativity that we are seeking. The position requires the individual to create new partnerships and strategic relationships, while also fostering our current network.
Responsibilities and outcomes
- Work closely with the CEO, LT and Board to support the growth aspirations of the Foundation through brand and revenue growth
- Design and implement exceptional and differentiated donor and partner experience
- Establish and deliver against an annual fundraising calendar, segment plans and revenue targets
- Expand current schools Ambassador Program
- Work closely with the Marketing team to produce collateral and fundraising toolkit
- Explore diverse and innovative funding models – e.g. Carbon credits, fintech, investment trusts etc.
- Establish and strengthen partner networks
- Negotiate sponsorship arrangements in conjunction with the Board and CEO
- Collaborate with Board to identify key networks, make introductions and maintain relationships
- Build and manage an effective stakeholder engagement plan
- This is a voluntary position and requires a flexible commitment of half to one day per week. The schedule will be at the discretion of the successful incumbent and now will be all online until it is safe.
Skills and Experience:
- Diverse experience working in business development, marketing, sales or related roles
- Proven record of achieving strong, ethical business development performance
- Experience with agile methods and human centred design would be helpful
- Established network in Melbourne (and more broadly) that can be utilised to establish relationships and partnerships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with networking and sales
- Action oriented and creative mindset