HammondCare is an independent charity, specialising in dementia care. We're passionate about improving the quality of life for people in need and we have a wonderful group of volunteers that make a difference in the lives of aged care residents.
As a Residential Care Concierge Volunteer you'll be welcoming visitors to HammondCare during the current Covid19 pandemic. As you volunteer each week, you’ll be responsible for
- Welcoming visitors to aged care home.
- Review each visitor against the entry criteria.
- Provide access to visitors that comply.
- Restrict access to visitors who don’t comply and explain to them why.
- Document visitor access and those where access has been denied.
- Take a visitor's temperature and check that they hold a current flu vaccination certificate
This volunteer role will suit someone aged over 18 years old, and who has
- Excellent customer service and communication skills- including clear verbal communication
- Empathy and patience
- Capacity to relate to a diverse range of people
- Drivers license & ability to travel to nominated HammondCare sites
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Have or be willing to have a flu vaccination
The time commitment is at least one visitor session each week for 6 months or longer for approx 1-4 hours (time varies at each site) We can talk to you about a time that suits you on Monday to Sunday, at one of our locations
- Woy Woy
- Scone (Strathearn)
- North Turramurra
- Waratah (Newcastle)
We'll provide training and support from an onsite Volunteer Coordinator. Successful applicants will be required to complete a police background check which we’ll arrange.
When you submit your enquiry, please include details on why you're interested in volunteering.