Are you a current or retired health professional (such as a nurse, paramedic or first aid officer) who is keen to continue serving your community?
With the anticipated lifting of the COVID-19 restrictions, we will be re-opening our centres which pack and distribute surplus bread donated by bakeries.
To prioritise the safety of our volunteers, and our products, we are seeking volunteers with health-related experience for each of our centres.
Gift of Bread has a COVID-19 safety plan in operation at every volunteer session. We also have a trained health officer in attendance at all sessions, to check the temperature and general health of every volunteer. The safety and welfare of our volunteers is of paramount importance to us
Duties will include:
- measure and record the temperature of each volunteer using a non-contact thermometer
- maintain an onsite contact register of all attendees
- set out workplace mats to maintain social distancing
- monitor regular handwashing by all volunteers
- ensure that volunteers demonstrate appropriate food safety procedures while handling bread
- oversee hygienic cleaning of all surfaces and equipment at the end of shift
The Health and Safety Officer provides volunteers with a point of contact to discuss their concerns, and access to support services. A proven ability to work both independently and as part of a small team is required. You will need to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and have strong attention to detail.
Benefits: Volunteering allows you to connect to your community and make it a better place. Dedicating your time as a volunteer, helps you make new friends, expand your network, raise your self-confidence, improve your social and work skills and achieve a natural sense of accomplishment.