The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Canterbury Neighbourhood Centre Inc.
'3126' is a Canterbury based publication that supports and promotes local community and sporting groups and businesses and shares stories of local interest.
Our Centre is seeking someone to coordinate the publication of our quarterly community news magazine, 3126. You will work with the Centre Manager and a small team of volunteers and liaise with story contributors and advertisers. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an ongoing project that supports local community and small businesses.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work with a small team of volunteers to create and collate magazine content, liaising with advertising and community contributors to write articles and edit submissions
- Liaise with the Centre Manager regarding the progress of each edition
- Work with the graphic designer in preparing content for publication
- Coordinate the preparation of and distribution of invoices
Skills and Experience: The successful candidate will have some of the skills and experience listed;
- Good grasp of language and grammar
- Creative writing and editing skills
- Some understanding of marketing strategies
- Ability to deliver tasks with required time frames
- Ability to work with other volunteer team members stakeholders
- Communicate effectively in a friendly manner
- Some previous publishing experience is desirable but not essential
You will be part of a small volunteer team encouraging people to think local first and get to know their neighbours
Note: This is an ongoing position. We are looking for someone who can commit 12 months or more and help build the profile on the publication and find new and creative ways to engage and support the local community.