• Values based and progressive not-for-profit organisation. • AMAZING team of volunteers • Endless opportunities for growth and development!
YOUR NEW FAMILY:
Orange Sky Australia, founded in 2014 by friends Lucas Patchett and Nicholas Marchesi, is a not-for-profit organisation providing free mobile laundry and shower services to people experiencing homelessness. Through a network of 30+ vans and 1800+ amazing volunteers, our services are now positively connecting communities all around Australia.
We are currently looking for applicants for a Service Leader who can help us continue to change the lives of our friends on the street every day!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Service Leader is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the service with consultation, guidance & support from the Volunteer Community Manager. The Service Leader will also support, mentor and train as needed, a small group of volunteers that collectively make up the leadership team for the service.
Primary Tasks include:
- Work collaboratively with your local leadership team to ensure an efficient service and an awesome volunteering experience for all volunteers.
- Participate in delivering volunteer information sessions with other Orange Sky resources as needed
- Ensure communication channels are established for teams
- Recruitment & Onboarding of Team Leaders
- Monitoring & coordination of Red Incident Reports & any required follow up or action
- Performance manage volunteers & resolve conflict as needed
- Support and oversee Service Coordinator/s
- Regular check ins with Coordinator roles
- Mentor, encourage & support volunteers
- Consistently monitor & promote safe work practices
- Responsible for producing leadership team communication for the service as needed
- Hold quarterly leadership team workshops
- Represent Orange Sky at speaking engagements & events
- Where Coordinator roles are not required or filled, facilitate those roles.
- Visit shifts , at least 1 bi-monthly
- Check in with Volunteer Community Manager as needed
- At all times embrace & promote Orange Sky’s culture of ensuring safe and supportive service environments
- Other ad hoc tasks allocated by the Volunteer Community Manager
Reports to the Volunteer Community Manager
Commitment: Up to 10-15 flexible hours per week but can vary pending demands on service
For further information about Orange Sky Australia, please visit our website or Facebook page.
Thank you so much for your support!