The Share Shop is a library of things in Newcastle, NSW, where you can borrow things instead of buying them. Our aims are to:
- Reduce the number of consumer goods purchased independently and used infrequently, reducing waste associated with newly acquired goods
- Provide access to things for those who might not otherwise have the resources be able to obtain such things
- Build community by promoting sharing, learning, making and doing
- Promote low impact, connected living
We are seeking a passionate and skilled Vice President to join our executive committee. The Vice President is a voting member of the Executive that drives the direction of our organisation, in addition, the Vice President is responsible for:
- Assisting to monitor operations and finances to ensure things are running well including assisting with volunteer management
- Strategic planning, such as long term direction, partnership opportunities.
- Spokesperson for the organisation, i.e. media, council, other relevant agencies
- Preparation for any emergency response
- Fill in for the President when necessary
To apply, please send us your thoughts on why we would be a great fit for each other – a resume is welcome but not required.
- A genuine interest in the circular economy and libraries of things.
- Ability to commit time to committee meetings approx. 1 per month outside standard business hours, as well as an additional 2-4 hours per month in between meetings to contribute to discussions, carry out the business of the association and attend occasional meetings with other relevant parties.
- Willingness to spend some time in the shop while it is open, in order to understand how we function
- Demonstrated experience in a role requiring high level organisation and communication
Even better if you also have:
- Experience in a governance role