Tasks and duties
- Liaising with project stakeholders to determine IT requirements.
- Analysing existing capabilities to identify potential issues and areas for improvement.
- Working closely with senior IT professionals to develop new systems, strategies, and policies.
- Overseeing successful implementation of new technologies and systems.
- Overhauling current IT processes to increase efficiency.
- Providing consultation on new technology strategies and implementations.
- Developing user training documentation and conducting training sessions.
- Creating models to illustrate system specifications for design and development.
- Using project management methodologies and techniques to scope, develop, and manage projects.
Information Technology Consultants have expert IT knowledge combined with good communication skills and business acumen. They work in the IT department of technology-driven organisations in a range of industries.
Our Not-for-Profit Organisation is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation. The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic) and s8(4) of the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (Vic). Preference may be given during selection to suitably qualified applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander