The RSPCA NSW Community Programs team has an exciting volunteering opportunity available, which provides a unique opportunity to display and carry-out RSPCA NSW’s ‘one welfare’ approach, while making a real difference in the lives of the most vulnerable members of our community and their pets.
As a Volunteer Case Worker, you will be assisting our Case Workers by helping to conduct regular in-home visits to aged and disability clients across the Greater Sydney Region and providing general care for their animals in their home. The tasks generally include:
- Conducting in-home visits to aged and disability clients, assisting with basic animal care (applying flea and worming prevention, bathing, grooming, nail cutting etc)
- Providing transport to and from veterinary consults, emergency boarding facilities or from the Sydney (Yagoona) office
- Communicating with owners on pet-related concerns or providing feedback after veterinary consults
- Building positive and effective relationships with clients to engage with clients their pets, and reduce loneliness
- Liaise with external agencies regarding delivery of services to clients where required
- Record all client and client-related interactions on required databases
- Providing a continuity of service delivery
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Comply with all Work Health and Safety (WHS) guidelines
- Understand and comply with RSPCA NSW policies and procedures.
By volunteering in this role, you will be vital in ensuring a continuous high standard of service delivery to the clients and their pets assisted by RSPCA NSW Community Programs.
Please note: this is an Expression of Interest only, and a phone call with our Community Programs team is required before a formal application can be completed. This is to ensure your suitability for the role and the safety of our clients.
- Interact and support a variety of members of your local community, including clients and their animals
- Inclusion in a friendly and vibrant team
- Networking with internal and external stakeholders
- Ongoing support for other opportunities in the organisation, where possible