Lifeline is committed to empowering Australians to be suicide-safe through connection, compassion and hope. Our vision is for an Australia free of suicide. Be part of our vision by volunteering at our Lifeline store.
This volunteer opportunity will assist in picking up and transporting donations to and from designated locations, and delivering processed stock to Lifeline Shops using Lifeline vehicles.
Assist the driver to collect goods from donation bins and donors, including furniture, and deliver to distribution centre, customers or Lifeline Shops, loading and unloading as required;
Tasks involved include:
- Collect donations at Lifeline donation points
- Assist with the delivery of sorted items
- Use the supplied lifting and moving equipment, such as pallet jacks, trolleys or lifting aids appropriately to safely transfer heavy items as required as per the Safe Work Practices (SWP);
This opportunity would be ideal for someone who enjoys being part of a team of fellow volunteers to achieve goals while following through on carrying out all tasks safely.
This is a great opportunity to:
- Improve mental health and personal well being.
- To meet mutual obligations, student placement hours or other requirements.
- Do something new and different.
Previous experience in a logistics environment would be an advantage, but is not essential. A general understanding of transporting fragile items would be helpful.
Please note, this role entails heavy lifting.