Tasks and duties
- Planning and managing a company’s day-to-day operations.
- Reviewing and updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Maintaining operational quality controls and managing risks.
- Assessing business strategies and their operational impact.
- Devising methods for meeting company benchmarks and goals.
- Reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) such as turnaround times and accuracy.
- Reducing company operating costs and improving processes.
The role of Chief Operating Officer is multi-dimensional. They need to have a solid understanding of business and finance, as well as strong people leadership and risk management skills.